Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Conferences

Spring has sprung...and the reason I know is because I am sitting at spring conferences. Oh yes - I am blogging while working...hmmm??
Anyway...I started this blog in December of 2006 - yes you read that correctly - 2006! 2 years ago - am I terrible or what? Then I posted another blog - my 2nd - in 2008.

Wow - this is so like that diary that I said I was going to write every New Year's Day and never wrote one page. I am going to do better on this...I promised my co-worker (you know who you are glitter).

So - the data - the happenings in the Sloneker life. Not much...I have a pretty boring life - don't get me wrong - it is a great life - but event less!

This week I have been studying a website that recruits teachers for Alaska. I have always wanted to go there and I think it would be an exciting adventure. There is a possibility that I could take a leave of absence for 3-5 years so I would still have a position in my district upon my return. But we shall see - it is the research stage at this point. R is not convinced that we could leave our family and friends just yet but they could deal with it.

I also have been eating my girl scout cookies like it is my job...don't worry I have shared very little with A and R.

Ummm....hopefully you will receive a post sooner than the fall of 2011...don't hold your breath.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

alaska? that is so cool!
i say go at some point. we may only go around once, so you gotta live your life to its fullest and cram in as many experiences as possible. plus, i can come and visit you! lol :)

Sarah said...

Are you still considering Alaska? That would be a wonderful experience!!